Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Creating a Bibliography
To create a bibliography in Zotero:
- select the items you wish to include by adding them to a folder. Or hold <command> on a Mac or <control> on a PC to select multiple items from your central library pane.
- Then right click and select "Generate bibligraphy from items..."
- Choose your citation style and select your output method: RTF, HTML, Copy to Clipboard or Print.
- RTF is a plain text file that you can open in Text Edit (Mac), NotePad (PC), or Microsoft Word.
- HTML will open your bibliography as a webpage.
- Copy to Clipboard will allow you to simiply paste the bibliography into another document.
Microsoft Word Integration
Adding a citation style
Zotero comes with the most common citation styles, such as APA, MLA and Chicago. Many more styles are available in the Zotero Style Repository.
In Zotero Standalone, from the Zotero Style Repository:
- Right click on your citation style and select "Save Link As..."
- In Zotero, open your Preferences menu (under Edit).
- Click on Cite, then Styles.
- Click the plus sign (+) and select the file that you downloaded. It should be a .csl file
© 2014 Whitman College Penrose Library |