Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Inter-Library Loan (ILLiad)
Have you signed up for Inter-Library Loan (ILLiad) so that you can request materials, especially journal articles, from other libraries? Articles usually arrive within 5 business days; other items may take 4-6 weeks.
Sherlock combines the Whitman Library Catalog, Summit and many of our electronic journal subscriptions into one searchable interface.
Journal literature covering world history, excluding the United States and Canada (1955- )
Pickup & Mailing
Penrose Library has two ways to get you the items that you need.
If you are in Walla Walla, you can pick up Penrose items from the library front entrance. Here's how it works:
Porch pickup step-by-step
- Request items for pickup.
- Use Sherlock to search for items, sign-in and use the “request for pickup” link in the Get-It box.
- Wait for email notification.
- Staff will pull your items from the shelf, check them out to your account and bag them.
- You will receive a “ready for pick up” notification by email.
- Pickup is available Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm and Saturday - Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm at the front entrance.
- Call us when you get here: 509-527-5192.
- Staff will bring out bagged items on a cart to the designated area on the library porch.
- Please wear a mask and take your items once staff have moved out of your way.
Details on how Penrose is meeting WA state Curbside COVID-19 requirements can be found here.
Not in Walla Walla? Remote Mail Delivery Step-by-Step
- Request items for delivery.
- Use Sherlock to search for items, sign in and use the "Remote Mail Delivery" link located next to the item.
- Fill out the mail delivery form.
- Make sure your address is current.
- You will receive an email notification with a tracking number when your item(s) ships.
- We will ship materials in 2-8 business days.
The image below shows where to click for the different delivery request options:
Summit services have resumed as of August 17th. Not all schools in the region are participating, so it might not be as big a variety of resources as you may expect. We will be quaranting books as they arrive so expect a longer delay in receiving notice they are available. We will also be quarantining them once they've been returned so they may stay in your account longer than expected but you will not accrue fines.
© 2014 Whitman College Penrose Library |