We will make every effort to ensure that students and faculty have access to the information resources they need to complete coursework, finish research, and continue their academic lives whether you are in Walla Walla or elsewhere in the world. Our digital collections are available for use, and reference librarians are available online to answer questions and provide research guidance. We are able to receive digital ILL materials. Find more information on accessing our materials, in person or virtually.
Library Hours: The library is open for studying by reservation:
Archives: The archives will be open by appointment starting in February (depending on construction completion).
Printing: All printing will be handled by WCTS this semester, there will be no printing available in the library.
Librarians will be available from 9-5 Monday - Friday for help with any reference questions you may have. Please be patient as we may have a higher volume of patrons using our services remotely. If the chat does not appear or work, please don't hesitate to email, or use our contact form.
You will have to swipe to enter the building, and there is limited capacity, so you may have to wait to enter.
Only the main floor will be open, and you will not be able to browse the stacks. You can request books be pulled at the circulation desk, or continue to use porch pick-up to make requests in advance. Community members can use porch pick-up as well.
1. Schedule a study time in one of the 6 zones (Allen room tables or armchairs, Ankeny-side window seating, Fitzpatrick Room, main floor center seating, computer workstation). Find a map of spaces here.
2. Swipe into the Library with your Whitman ID.
3. Go to your study space zone and find an open seat. Please do not move the furniture.
4. Clean your study area with the provided wipes before you begin to study and when you leave.
5. If we find that students are consistently overstaying their allotted time or ignoring COVID protocols, we will regulate study space use more closely.
1. By appointment only (with 24 hours notice), please call (509) 527-5922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. At your appointment time, wait by the sign inside for your escort.
If you are in Walla Walla, you can pick up Penrose items from the library front entrance. Here's how it works:
Details on how Penrose is meeting WA state Curbside COVID-19 requirements can be found here.
Not in Walla Walla? Remote Mail Delivery Step-by-Step
The image below shows where to click for the different delivery request options:
Summit services have resumed as of August 17th. Not all schools in the region are participating, so it might not be as big a variety of resources as you may expect. We will be quarantining books as they arrive so expect a longer delay in receiving notice they are available. We will also be quarantining them once they've been returned so they may stay in your account longer than expected but you will not accrue fines.
© 2014 Whitman College Penrose Library |